Refinishing or reglazing your bathtub with a polyurethane coating is one way to enhance its look. Maintaining a refinished bathtub is akin to keeping a car’s paint job if you want the finish to last. Maintaining the finish requires a few more steps. You must take care of your finish to ensure it stays for a while and may void the guarantee.
Here’s what you should do to maintain the quality of your freshly refinished or reglazed tub:
- Please comply if the company suggests you refrain from using the surface for a particular time.
- Never use soap, sponges, rags, bottles, or anything else on the finish. Use a shower rack instead.
- Repair any leaky faucets as soon as possible.
- Use mild cleaning chemicals to avoid damage. There are no signaling objects (S-O-S) pads present. It’s not a Comet. Razors are not available. ABRASIVES ARE NOT ALLOWED! Use a soft sponge and some spray cleansers to clean the tub.
- Bath mats with suction cups should not be utilized. They may retain moisture, causing the finish to pull.
- Dust cannot be removed by picking at the surface. After three to four weeks of regular cleaning and use, all visible dust should be gone. Waxing may also be advantageous.
Paintbrushes and other painting materials equipment should never be cleaned in a bathtub or on any other glazed surface. Avoid using strong chemicals in the bath. It should not be used to clean or store anything that might scratch or cut you.
By following these rules, you can protect your investment in a newly refinished tile or tub and ensure your warranty is still good.